DEAL TYPE : MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS
INDUSTRY : AIRLINE, AEROSPACE, AVIATION & DEFENCE
Acted as lead adviser to UK based Candover Partners Plc on its acquisition of Stock N.V., a globally diversified industrial company headquartered and listed in the Netherlands, supplying systems, components and services through its Aerospace, Food Systems and Technical Services Divisions, for a consideration of c.€1.3 billion. BCP initiated the transaction and jointly advised on all aspects of the transaction.
- civil and military aerospace manufacture (the successor to the world-famous Fokker brand, with involvement in a wide range of global aircraft programmes such as the A380, B787, NH90 and Joint Strike Fighter);
- the provision of maintenance, repair and overhaul for major industrial plants; and
- the manufacture of food processing machinery.
The company had been mired in a long-running and seemingly intractable dispute with activist shareholders over future strategy, leaving management badly distracted and the company unable to move forward.
Baron Capital Partners expert knowledge of the company, its situation, its markets and prospects allowed us to conceive, broker and advise on a white knight solution to break the deadlock. This resulted in our client, the leading UK private equity house Candover, acquiring Stork for an agreed price and taking it private (de-listing it from the Dutch stock exchange).
BCP’s value added:
- Sector expertise, transaction concept and initiation.
- Assisting our client in establishing the feasibility and commercial benefits of the transaction.
- Discrete negotiation of solutions with key activist shareholders at critical junctures.
- Breaking deadlock.